Wednesday, April 02, 2008

"Slow down / you move too fast / you've got to make the morning last..."

Queensborough Bridge (also known as the 59th St. Bridge). Photo taken Mar 2008.


I couldn't find a couple who would be willing to pose for me to mimic the famous Woody Allen shot from his movie Manhattan, so this shot will have to do.

Besides, I was "looking for fun and feelin' groovy" regardless. Badump-bump. OK, that was corny, but I don't care. (See the Simon & Garfunkel song if you're baffled by my reference.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you like Woody Allen? I can see you as someone who might like him (on one level), but would never tell people that you like him. I think he's great. And that part toward the end of Manhattan where he is speaking into the tape recorder making the list of things he can't live without is classic.

Photographically speaking, you get around, don't you?

Speaking of Simon and Garf...specifically Simon...I heard Kodachrome the other night. Musically, it doesn't sound like a total anachronism, but it is. It's like going around today singing a song about coal chutes. People are like, Koda-what?

Teaneck T said...

Hey, tell me about this move you referred to in the other comment (about the entry re Creepola Me).

When I was in high school, I considered Woody Allen to be a deity. In fact, I think he was one of the key influences who showed me how and why NYC is so beautiful. My all-time favorite then was Hannah and Her Sisters. But perhaps if I watch his movies again I would have a new favorite.

I agree with you about Kodachrome. Did I ever tell you about my friend Pax, an S&G devotee, who flinches when she hears “Homeward Bound” because of the grammar? She would go, “It’s I wish I were, dammit! It’s I wish I WERE!!!!”

And I do get around, though nowhere near like the bone fide uber-New Yorkers out there. One of these days I'll post a photo of me getting out of a manhole after exploring the oldest (but abandoned) subway tunnel in the country. It's in Brooklyn.

Thanks for the comments. You sure make it hard to abandon this photoblog. I love posting stuff when the mood occurs but lately I've been thinking I'm a bit of a jackass for doing it. This is where the cross-reference to April 4's entry comes in, x-ref style Initial Cap/small cap.

Uncropped Prince said...

Hannah is good...they are all good to me. How bout lost faves like "Broadway Danny Rose" where they have a shoot-out in the hangar where all the Thanksgiving balloons are kept and, as the bullets rip throught all the helium balloons, all the nasty gangsters start talking like Mickey Mouse. Who THINKS OF STUFF LIKE THAT!!

If I ever had one idea like that I would think I was cool.

It is time for us to move out. We will be somewhere else by the end of May. I will let you know...still renting.