Saturday, August 11, 2007

my parents on Golden Pond

Kayla's Lolo and Lala. Photo taken on 7/8/07 at my dad's birthday party in Wyckoff. Btw, I love this li'l raccoon streak thing my Mom has going on. And I'm in this shot too. That watch is the one I got him at the Zurich airport when we were marooned there for 4 days during 9/11. My dad has been wearing it everyday since he receivedt it.


I count this as one of my lucky shots since my Dad is not a smiler. When he laughs, though, it's pretty infectious, and usually he's laughing over some wry joke he made or something Kayla said.

My friend Strelecktomisis made a comment on a photo I found of my dad taken 30 years ago (posted somewhere in this site), which made me realize that that this photo posted above makes a nice before-and-after contrast. Attorney Dad versus retired Grandpa. Serious and inscrutable, versus mellow and content.


(Original post of this was in April 2005). Photoshop adjusted on 7/11/07 per Slick Strelecktor's advise (thanks much!).

1 comment:

AndrewGoesBroadway said...

Your parents look amazing.