Friday, May 12, 2006

"Time, time, time / See what's become of me..."

Dusk at Port Authority. The clock is part of the Time + Money sculpture grouping by the great Tom Otterness. It's located at the back entrance of the Hilton on West 41st St.


Tomorrow being Teaneck T's Great Day of Gratitude, I dedicate today's Friday Five to the power of wishes.


Birthday Wishes (a Friday Five Collection)

Impossible?
1. Go back in time and undo the mistakes I made and the hurts I caused.
2. Travel the world through spontaneous transpondence.
3. Win the lotto. (It might help if I actually buy a ticket...)
4. Have what I can only call SuperReader powers: The ability to read a novel/short story/article/what have you, and immediately know the structure, sentence to sentence, paragraph to paragraph, on how and why the piece came to be.
5. Cure poverty in all its forms.

Probably possible:
1. No more cyst(s). No more debilitating pain from cyst(s). No more hormonal imbalance that is causing the cyst(s). No more, no more, no more.
2. Prolific writing. Produce a body of work every two months. (Wow!)
3. Possess superior internal energy flow expressed through tai-chi, chi-gung, and Reiki.
4. Become a published author with readership that extends beyond personal acquaintances. (I refuse to put this under the "Impossible?" category...)
5. Be an excellent driver. Can drive anywhere I please.

Possible:
1. 6-8 cupcakes from Billy's Bakery, all with yellow cake and chocolate frosting.
2. Eat at one of the best Cuban restaurants in Union City (ahem. Ate, I asked you about this months ago...)
3. Go on a Rick Steve's tour of Southern France.
4. Be a backup acoustic guitarist for a band or choir.
5. Indefinitely continue the lifestyle of writing at home more days than working for an employer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theresa, I have a proposal for you. It would happen 5-6 years from now, when both of my children are in school. I would like to travel somewhere fun, low-budget and for one week with you. I think that we've never traveled together, and I love to travel, and I love it best with one other person who is easy to get along with. I think the two of us would travel well together. Especially if it's just for one week. I'd go just about anywhere, except somewhere in the midst of a war or crazy criminal activity. (BTW, have you heard about Sao Paulo this past week??? GEEEZ!)

Okay, that's my proposal. I think it's a good dream, and even perhaps possible. If we each squirrel away a little money for 5-6 years, we could really do something fun.

Hope you enjoyed you cupcakes and Cuban food. Well, I suppose we could go to Cuba...