Tres marias, un Pinoy, y un Gringo: Ate, Mike, me, Cookie, Lorin. Christmas 1996 in Staten Island. Photographer unknown.Top 5 Christmas songs by Teaneck T:
Heh heh heh... I'm pulling teeth on this one because I'm actually not a fan of holiday music. Christmas songs make me think of malls and grouchy shoppers with bulging shopping bags. Well anyway, here's what I can come up with:
1. The Chanukah Song by Adam Sandler, both the original and Part 2. Not a Christmas song (duh!), but it's actually the one holiday music I never tire of listening to.
2. River by Joni Mitchell. The Indigo Girls also did a decent cover of it, but no one does it like my girl Joni.
3. Carol of the Bells as performed by George Winston.
4. Winter Wonderland BUT ONLY the version Harry Connick, Jr. does in the When Harry Met Sally soundtrack.
5. Merry Christmas From the Family by Robert Earl Keen. Man, this song is messed up and every bit worth listening to as the Adam Sandler song. When I played it in the guitar for my friend Pax she laughed so hard I couldn't get through the whole song.
All songs are available in iTunes if you care for a 99-cent listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment